Danimer Scientific is a pioneer in creating more sustainable, more natural ways to make plastic products. For more than a decade, our renewable and sustainable biopolymers have helped create plastic products that are biodegradable and compostable. They return to nature instead of polluting our lands and waters.
Our technology can be found in a vast array of plastic end products that people use every day. Applications for our biopolymers include additives, aqueous coatings, fibers, filaments, films, hot-melt adhesives and injection-molded articles, among others. These products offer all the advantages of our bioplastics, including:
- Reduced dependency on petrochemicals
- Adherence to ASTM and EN requirements for biodegradability and compostability
- FDA approved for food contact
- Biodegradation in a fraction of the time it takes for petro-based plastic decomposition
- Virtually no carbon footprint